amatsu no hibiki


天津ノ響基 "amatsu no hibiki"


I was approached about this project two and a half years ago.

I slowly began preparing, and started work on it this year.

I researched and understood the history of the temple, and frequently visited the temple grounds in search of inspiration.


My goal this time was to create a work in dialogue with Tsukane-ji Temple and its history,

so I searched for words in the air, and for connections in history.

I hoped that the pieces of history I knew and the inspiration I was given would come together in a

conversation and become one piece of work.






decided on the colors based on my senses and inspiration, and tried to incorporate as much history and hope as possible.

It is displayed in the guest hall corridor of Tsukane-ji

Temple.



Although it is a clumsy piece, I cherish this work that was born from a dialogue with Tsukane-ji Temple.







Even though no words were said, I was able to have a conversation with the Temple.


コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

ヘアドネーション

最近のこと&今後の予定

作品展の準備中